The Techcombank Ho Chi Minh City International Marathon Pacer Program will help you not only achieve your goals, but also have FUN! Whether the goal you pursue is a personal record, Boston Qualifier, or simply to cross the finish line, our Pace Group will help get you there. Our Pace Group Leaders are extremely experienced runners, chosen on their previous running and/or pacing performances and know what it takes to hold a steady pace and provide a great marathon experience for runners.
This year, we proudly announce Magic Stride Running Institute is returning as our Pacer partner.
- MSRI is a leader in coaching and training in distance running;
- The training crew comes with 2,600+ hours experience and veteran coaches with a deep foundation in running, fitness and nutrition;
- MSRI’s vision is to help build a strong, growing running community in Vietnam.
Becoming a Pacer:
What benefits will you receive?
- Becoming one of the 60 official Pacers of the largest Marathon race in Vietnam
- Specialized BIB with Name on BIB
- A complimentary slot for the HALF MARATHON distance at the next edition of the Techcombank Ho Chi Minh City International Marathon for a friend or a family member
- A Pacer’s Singlet
- A Sponsor gift package
- Making new friends and contribution to the running community
- Training with knowledgeable coaches from Magic Stride Running Institute
- The chance to join in the event to support other runners accomplish their goals
What are the requirements to apply?
- Have a GPS watch and a running app account for tracking activities (Garmin Connect, Strava, Endomondo, …).
- Have an active Facebook account.
- Be able to self-train regularly.
- Have the running result from 3 hours 20 to 04 hours 50 of MARATHON and 1 hour 30 to 2 hours 30 of HALF MARATHON
How will you have to commit to the program?
- Train regularly 3-4 days / week with minimum mileage of 45 km / week for HALF MARATHON Pacer, and 55 km / week for MARATHON Pacer.
- Provide 2 workout results each week according to Leader’s requirement.
- Attend minimum 50% out of Sunday training.